Why the Energy sector?
There are many challenges facing the energy sector. Alternative energies must be found to meet growing global demand, regulated markets undergo continuous changes and liberalisation processes, fossil fuel prices increase and new measures against climate change are adopted. This is all taking place in a time of recession, which makes it vital to adapt to the market and stand out from the competition. So the main keys to success are:
- Speed up the decision making process and make decisions more consistent and reliable.
- Quickly adapt operations to market conditions.
- Be able to provide services and products with greater added value.
What do we offer?
The implementation of successful strategies means improving the operational efficiency of the companies so that they can reduce costs and increase sales. To do this, we make available expert systems and smart tools involving:
- Automating, improving and synchronising operational decisions across the organisation.
- Reacting quickly to changes in the market, regulations, agreements, demand, rates, etc.
- Obtaining demand forecasts that are closer to actual consumption.
- Improving operations and maintenance efficiency.
- Optimally planning the production lines, transport and maintenance.
- Increasing flexibility and customising the commercial services.
Incorporating intelligence into the IT systems, through the use of analytical and predictive analysis techniques, mathematical modelling, statistics, optimisation and simulation, helps to achieve the business objectives and gain a competitive advantage.
At Decide we work with the major Spanish energy companies as an expert partner, providing technological consultancy services for the development of optimisation and simulation projects, as well as designing, developing and implementing operations research and business intelligence techniques. Our customers have achieved a rapid return on their investments, as well as the ability to adapt to the changes demanded by the market.